cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Connect App: How to set file destination, how to find downloaded images

greggp
Enthusiast

I'm using the Canon Connect app on my Android smartphone and it is paired with my EOS R5. 

Using the app, after picking 'Images on camera', can I choose where to import my images?  

I don't see any option for setting the location. After the import/upload is complete, and I pick the button 'Open photo app', my smartphone launches Google Photos but the imported photo isn't displayed.

After connecting my smartphone to my computer and putting it into file transfer mode, I can find the location of the imported photo. However, this is a hassle and something that I'll never do if I'm out in the field. One of the advantages of the app and it's import photos feature is to be able to share images immediately after they're shot. 

For this to work, I need to change the import location so the photo can be found by Google Photos or the Lightroom app, which I also have installed on my phone.

10 REPLIES 10

Roc9te
Apprentice

I know this is an old post, but you can assign folders in Google Photo by going to Settings > Backup > If Backup is on, click on the very bottom "Can't find your photos or video?" > check device folders > Select the Canon folder that was created by the Canon app.   Now you will have all of your imported canon photos in Google Photos

Announcements