cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect and Self-Timer

AriS
Apprentice

Hi All. 

I recently got the Canon EOS M50 Mark II as my first professional camera. I am looking to use my iPhone to control this camera, via the Canon Camera Connect app, so that I can both use live viewing and set a self timer to take professional self portrait photos. Does anybody know how to set the self timer from the app? Otherwise, I will be holding my phone in all of the shots. Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you mean the Shutter Delay Timer, then I believe that you must first set that in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you so much for the response. I’m very new to photography so I’m not an expert with the terminology. Is “shutter delay timer” the same as a timer which, once activated, will snap a picture after the timer counts down to zero (usually from 2-10 seconds)? If so, are you say that if I’m using the app and click the capture button (button to take a picture) the timer that is set directly on the camera itself will override this and the shot will be taken after the timer ends? In other words, the shot will not be taken right after I select to capture a photo in the app. Thank you! 

Announcements