cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect App not working!

Mackncheese
Apprentice

Hi folks! I'm at the end of my rope with troubleshooting and research, I'm wondering if anyone knows what's going on! 

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T6, an iphone 12 mini, and an iPad OS 14.2. 

I just upgraded my iphone recently - I used to have an iphone 6s which paired with the app and I was able to remote shoot from there. But now, it's not working with my new phone, and I've never successfully gotten it to work on my iPad. 

My best case scenario: using my iphone, iPad, or shoot, even my Macbook Air as a monitor & to remote shoot while I shoot self portraits so I can see composition & angles and whatnot. 

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is there another app that will work with my devices? Or is there a setting I'm missing? I'm 10/10 frustrated!! 

Thanks in advance!
MacKenzie 

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If all you did was upgrade the phone, then why would both the iPad and Mac stop working?

Reset your camera's Wi-Fi settings, and create new setups for each wireless device.  BTW, a USB cable to the Mac is best.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I actually ended up doing just that and it worked! I didn't try setting it up on my iPad because tbh I'm afraid to mess with it now o_o

I can't seem to get the EOS Utility app to download on my computer, I get to the restart phase, and then nothing happens when it boots back up, and the software never ends up installed. 
I might also have an issue with my USB-C Dongle, since I have a Macbook Air and there's no USB port, the computer's not recognizing the camera plugged into the dongle, then plugged into the computer.. #WhyCantThingsJustWork 

@Mackncheese wrote:

I actually ended up doing just that and it worked! I didn't try setting it up on my iPad because tbh I'm afraid to mess with it now o_o

I can't seem to get the EOS Utility app to download on my computer, I get to the restart phase, and then nothing happens when it boots back up, and the software never ends up installed. 
I might also have an issue with my USB-C Dongle, since I have a Macbook Air and there's no USB port, the computer's not recognizing the camera plugged into the dongle, then plugged into the computer.. #WhyCantThingsJustWork 

When you use the USB cable, be sure to disable the Wi-Fi in the camera.  The camera does not know how to automatically switch on its' own, and you wouldn't want it to, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements