cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect App not connecting to my EOS SL2

propswest
Apprentice

Hello,

This Canon App is probably one of the worst pieces of software I've ever used. I've tried for hours, using both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to connect and cannot get it to work.

I have a Rebel EOS SL2 camera and a Samsung J7 Android phone.  I have a fresh version of the camera app.

When I enter the SSID Wi-Fi password, it says "Waiting to connect" on the camera (see image below) and the phone app just says "when done, return to this page." (see images below) It seems like it's connected, I return to the page, but there is no "Next" button.  I'm just stuck.

Enclosed are screenshots from my phone and the app.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the camera app. I have tried resetting the camera's wi-fi settings, etc.  

Please help, the instructions and troubleshooting provided by Canon are just awful.  I have also scoured this discussion board and don't see anything helpful.

20210103_131215.jpg

Screenshot_20210103-131143_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210103-131143_Settings.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You should not need any passwords or SSIDs to connect via Bluetooth.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm just showing the Wi-Fi example, not Bluetooth.  And passwords aren't the issue with Wi-Fi.  It connected for me ONE TIME randomly, but never again.

My understanding is that you need to use Wi-Fi in order to control the camera remotely, right?

@propswest wrote:

I'm just showing the Wi-Fi example, not Bluetooth.  And passwords aren't the issue with Wi-Fi.  It connected for me ONE TIME randomly, but never again.

My understanding is that you need to use Wi-Fi in order to control the camera remotely, right?

You can control the camera with either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.  The primary difference is range, or distance to the host device.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements