cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect EOS Rebel T7 to Mac using EOS Utility

cburau
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my EOS Rebel t7 to my MacBook. I have downloaded the eum5.15.10 installer and disabled the WiFi connection on my camera. When I click on the installed utility, this window appears: 

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 5.17.51 PM.png I can't figure out what I am doing wrong and would love some help with this. Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Once you connect the USB cable from the camera to the computer and power it on the program will typically launch on its own once it recognizes the USB connection. If that does not happen and it still won't recognize the connection when you manually open it the next step would be to check if the USB connection is active by opening the program called Image Capture built into the Mac operating system. If the USB connection is active you will see the camera as a device which you can import images from. If the camera is not recognized here then the USB connection is not working properly, a different USB port or cable would typically resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You need to close that app.  On some machines the EOS Launcher chooses to open the LAN Utility when you connect with a USB cable.  The EOS Utility 2/3 just needs a jump start and must be started manually the first time it runs.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Once you connect the USB cable from the camera to the computer and power it on the program will typically launch on its own once it recognizes the USB connection. If that does not happen and it still won't recognize the connection when you manually open it the next step would be to check if the USB connection is active by opening the program called Image Capture built into the Mac operating system. If the USB connection is active you will see the camera as a device which you can import images from. If the camera is not recognized here then the USB connection is not working properly, a different USB port or cable would typically resolve the issue.

My device shows up in Image capture, and the camera acts as if it is connected via USB (the Wifi menu goes away).

But I am still getting the screen and I cannot access my camera as a webcam.

eum3.16.12

It's a Rebel T7

Oh my goodnesss it seems like there's a EOS 3 utility in a subfolder - that is the one you want.

wchettel
Enthusiast

Hi cburau,

Try a different cable. You may be using a cable that was made for charging only, not file transfer.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You need to close that app.  On some machines the EOS Launcher chooses to open the LAN Utility when you connect with a USB cable.  The EOS Utility 2/3 just needs a jump start and must be started manually the first time it runs.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

sr_atkinson
Apprentice

Hi there.  What do you mean close the app?  I thought that was the app to run to get the camera recognized and usable as a webcam....?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The EOS Utility is used for transferring images, shooting tethered, upgrading FW or making changes to the camera's settings.  It does not allow a camera to be used as a webcam.

That software is here:

EOS Webcam Utility | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

@sr_atkinson, if you need assistance using your camera as a webcam, please start a new thread.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements