cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the pictures i took

mjohnston
Apprentice

It wont let me edit many pictures off the camera? I am not sure if it being RAW instead of JPG? I am new to the camera and editting pictures. If it does have to do with that how do i make sure all pitures are RAW so i can edit afterwards.

1 REPLY 1

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Which model camera are you using?

DPP does a very good job with RAW files but if you captured your current images as JPG files then there are a lot of third party programs that are more versatile than Canon's DPP software.

Saving images as RAW will be found in the camera settings menu.  Depending upon which camera model you are using, shooting in RAW will significantly reduce the number of images you can capture in high speed continuous mode and of course you will not be able to fit as many images on a card.  But I shoot everything in RAW when using a decent DSLR (or the new Mirrorless cameras) it rarely makes sense to use JPG instead because in JPG you are immediately discarding image data that can never be retrieved.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements