cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I download EOS Utility for my EOS 50D?

Lyn1
Apprentice

I purchased a new laptop. Can I download the EOS Utilities software? I have the CD’s and had them loaded on my old box (which has died) for my desktop but I guess newer laptops don’t run them anymore. TIA for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Lyn1!  If your computer doesn't have a CD drive, you can download the latest version of everything that was on your CD for free right HERE.  Just click the "Software & Drivers" button when you get there.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Lyn1!  If your computer doesn't have a CD drive, you can download the latest version of everything that was on your CD for free right HERE.  Just click the "Software & Drivers" button when you get there.

Hope this helps!

Fab - thanks very much for the quick response.

I shall check that out. 👍

I have the same problem & went to the link you have given above but I could only found Digital Photo Professional, Picture Style Editor & Neural network Upscaling Tool for Windows 11. I found EOS Utility 2.14.20a Updater for Windows under Windows 10. When I try to open it I got the following

clearview5517_0-1725542936716.png

Could you help?

Hello, clearview!

I'm not sure this will work, but it's worth a try: On the support page for your camera, change the version of Windows to 8.1 and you should see "EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.1A for Windows". Download that and try installing. It will be a ZIP file, so you will have to unzip/extract it and run the EXE file it contains. If the install is successful, then you need to run the "Updater" that you previously downloaded.

Newton

Hi clearview5517,

You could try using the method FloridaDrafter listed in their response. One thing to note is that we stopped updating EOS Utility 2 awhile ago, and it might not run or install correctly on current operating systems. EOS Utility 2 is the only version of that software that can recognize your camera, and at this time there aren't any plans to update EOS Utility 2 for newer operating systems. 

For cameras that used EOS Utility 2 we recommend using a USB card reader to import files from your memory card. To do that you would take the memory card out of the camera, load it into the USB card reader, and then use File Explorer to drag and drop the photos and videos into folders on your computer. At this time there are no plans to update EOS Utility 2 for newer Windows operating systems.

Hello, Hazel!

EOSU 2 works on my Win 11 laptop and connects to my cameras that require it. However, with my older cameras, like the XSi, some features will not work properly. I can still use it to focus and remote shoot, though 🙂

Newton

normadel
Authority
Authority

The EOS Utility 2 software on your 50D disks WILL install just fine, even in Windows 11. I do it all the time.

After doing it, download the 2.14.20a updater and install it.  This is not a freestanding EU installer. EU 2 has to exist on the computer first.

Announcements