cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect fails Blue Tooth pairing with SX70. Camera says Connection target not found.

jmorlan
Contributor

I just updated from an iPhone6 to an iPhone14 and am unable to get a Blue Tooth connection between my camera and my new iPhone. All goes well initiating the pairing and the Camera Connect software sees that I am trying to pair with an SX70. But as soon as I select "SX70" which is the name of my camera, it immediately fails. So I have on the screen "Detect camera" and "Choose a camera for pairing" and then "SX70." Nothing happens until I select the SX70 and it says "Pairing failed SX70 "Use your smartphones Settings app to delete the Bluetooth pairing information and then perform pairing again. Close" I've tried this many, many times and it still fails. Please help. I need to get the GPS data from my phone onto the metadata for my camera photos. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would think the process of pairing is a two-way street. In other words, there should be a prompt on both devices to accept the pairing, not just on the phone alone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your camera does support Camera Connect, DPP Express and image.canon apps.

What FW version are you using? As of this writing v1.1.1 is the latest. Consider upgrading to it if you are running an earlier release.

Then see this:

Canon Knowledge Base - Connecting to Smartphones via Wi-Fi with the Wi-Fi Button SX70 HS

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would think the process of pairing is a two-way street. In other words, there should be a prompt on both devices to accept the pairing, not just on the phone alone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jmorlan
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the Camera said it was pairing but the phone would just disconnect as soon as I touched the name of the camera. I finally figured it out. I needed to delete the SX70 entry on my phone's Blue Tooth and start over. Apparently this entry was left over from when I transferred all my settings from the old phone to the new. Anyway, that fixed it and I now have a nice Blue Tooth connection. Many thanks.

Announcements