cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect Geotagging & Image Transfer Issues

vancanuck
Contributor

Hi

I'm still struggling with using Camera Connect with my Moto G9 Play. Geotagging seems to work OK, although my phone isn't behaving properly. However, I cannot geotag pictures and have them auto transferred at the same time, since Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections cannot seem to coexist. On top of that, if I switch to Wi-Fi to transfer my geotagged photos and try to go back to Bluetooth, the connection cannot be re-established and I have to clear all settings and redo the pairing. What am I doing wrong?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Denis Harrison

4 REPLIES 4

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello vancanuck,

You are correct in saying that the WIFI and Bluetooth connections on Canon cameras aren't used simultaneously. Unfortunately, it hard for me to troubleshoot further without knowing what Canon camera you are using.

Hello John

I'm still struggling with my M50 / Moto G9 Play connectivity issues. After you confirmed Bluetooth & WiFi cannot be run simultaneously, I just concentrated on Bluetooth and although I can get it to work, the problem is that if I turn off the camera or the phone, I have to start from scratch to reconnect, which is a real pain. I expected to only have to pair the two devices just once and have the Camera Connect link restored when relaunching the app, with Bluetooth active on both devices, of course.

Is this the way things are supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong?

Denis Harrison

Abbie69
Apprentice

@vancanuckwrote: Novitasphere

Hi

I'm still struggling with using Camera Connect with my Moto G9 Play. Geotagging seems to work OK, although my phone isn't behaving properly. However, I cannot geotag pictures and have them auto transferred at the same time, since Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections cannot seem to coexist. On top of that, if I switch to Wi-Fi to transfer my geotagged photos and try to go back to Bluetooth, the connection cannot be re-established and I have to clear all settings and redo the pairing. What am I doing wrong?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Denis Harrison

You connect your phone to your camera via wi-fi or bluetooth, and then click the "Send location information" button. The timestamps in the log will be matched up with the timestamps on the image files, and the image files in the camera will be geotagged with the locations in the log files.

I think we are getting our wires crossed. I do connect via Bluetooth and my photos are geotagged. My current problem is that I have to delete the connection and start pairing the two devices all over again every time I either turn off the camera or the phone. I thought you would only have to do this once. That is a pain even if you do this sitting at home, but having to do this while you are on the move is impractical.

Denis

Announcements