cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect App Not Working

madisonestes
Apprentice

I installed Camera Connect on a remote, then uninstaller it and was about to take it back when I found the Canon Connect App. I installed it on my tablet, it worked wonderfully, then I installed it on my phone and decided to try to switch the connection from the tablet to the phone but it never could pick up the phone for some reason and now it won't let me use it on the tablet. I uninstalled it on the tablet, restarted the tablet, reinstalled it, and every time I go to connect it to my phone it says "Delete the camera from the Bluetooth settings screen on your smartphone, and then perform the pairing again" yet it's not connected to any camera. It shows that it senses the camera on the Bluetooth screen, but it's not picking it up. It's also just not picking it up on my phone either. Any reason why that is? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you tell us the model of your camera, and the brand of your mobile device, we can probably point you to detailed instructions.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have a SL3 camera and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy 5. For some reason it won't pick up on my phone at all, it just keeps searching and searching, and my phone is ideally what I'd like to connect it to, if possible. My tablet is a Galaxy Samsung Tab A. It has connected to that before but won't connect to that now either. Again, I really appreciate any help. It has been really frustrating trying to figure this out.

Greetings,

Please watch the below Canon Created Video, specific for SL3 and Android.

https://youtu.be/O_1MuKJTs98

Pay particular attention to the end where it discusses how to reset your network settings on the camera.  Sometimes this is all it takes to get the two devices workg together again.  

There is one other consideration.  Canon Connect 2.7.0 only works with Android OS 8.0 (Oreo) or later.  If yout Galaxy 5 doesn't have this minumum version, it may not work.  

The 5 shippied with Android 2.1 Eclair...  so be mindful of this.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements