cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON EOS UTILITY 3 FIRST TIME USER

JArmst49
Contributor

I am attempting to calibrate lenses for my EOS 5D Mk lV camera using the "Remote Shooting" function within the Canon EOS Utility 3 program. My laptop has Win 10 and am connected to the camera via USB. The utility starts up fine when the camera is connected and turned on. When I switch to "Live View" and focus on my target I cannot get the "x5" or "x10" (red arrows) zoom functions to work.

I need to add that I am trying to do this work for a friend. I am a novice with both the camera, the Vello Lens Calibration Tool and the Utility program Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also this is my first attempt at lens calibration with the YouTube video's I've seen NOT being very clear.   

Thanks ..... John

2022-03-19 13_02_45-Remote Live View window.png2022-03-19 13_03_11-EOS 5D Mark IV.png

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to the Canon support site for the 5D Mark IV and download the EOSU manual. 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

There is a note in the manual that the zoom function depends on the camera. I couldn’t find more details related to which camera. 
86F95003-6DCE-4FFD-8FE3-C6E86B9C1FE1.jpeg92342B07-2ADF-4CA5-BC42-D304D86968F6.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John. I've downloaded the manual for the Utility program and can't find any instructions for the magnification processes either. I've tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling the software to no avail. I've tried double clicking on the image too. I'll keep working on it.     John A

I wasn't able to test yesterday, but I just connected my 1D X III to EOSU on W10 computer.

Left-Clicking on 5X and 10X does enlarge the on-screen image.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I've tried everything .... Left and Right-clicking on each of the 5X and 10X icons, double clicking on the focus area and I have correct version of EOSU for the W10, 5D MklV and cannot get the image to magnify. I'm hoping at this point someone with a 5D MklV will comment on whether or not it works for them. Very frustrating and I'm on the verge of purchasing a non-Canon lens calibration software program. Thanks for all your input.   John A

Two questions:

1. is your W10 computer an AMD chipset device?

2. Have you installed the latest firmware update?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Both the camera and Dell computer (intel) have the most current firmware. My browser is Google Chrome. I even installed an older version of the EOSU with the same negative results. I need to call Canon customer service ands see if they have any information I need to resolve this issue and ask them if the 5D MklV is even supported with the magnification function.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Reading further, perhaps you don’t select the 5X or 10X. Double click on the image. 
AD7468D2-E153-43BC-86CF-E9C295981B33.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have any lens correction settings turned on in camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I've been using a 50mm lens with no lens correction settings (i.e. image stabilization) and all camera settings were set to manual.

Announcements