cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Elements will not read video files from EOS R10

MarkH2
Apprentice

I have been unable  to have Adobe Elements access my videos from my new EOS R10.  Adobe Photoshop has no problems downloading/editing my photos. The videos are transferred in MP4 format and the software says it can not read it due to an encoding issue.  I am using a ScanDisk Extreme Pro 128B card.  Need some help.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking about Adobe Premiere Elements? That program is for editing videos. Adobe Photoshop Elements is for photo editing.

MarkH2
Apprentice

yes

Perhaps it could be that the R10 is using HEVC (H.265)? Sometimes an extension of .MP4 is used on files using that codec.  HEVC can be a very demanding codec to work with.  Though newer computers (at least Macs) offer hardware decoding/encoding.  In terms of software applications like Adobe Premiere Elements, you'd have to check if HEVC is supported.

If the files are not HEVC, then I wouldn't know what other codec they may be.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I loaded HEVC codec to my computer.  Did not work.  I downloaded VLC media player and it will play the video file from the R10.  I am looking at downloading a codec library from Advanced Shark007  in case something is missing.  Any other suggestions?

MarkH2
Apprentice

yes

Anonymous
Not applicable

"yes."

Not very helpful answers, a little short on details.

I was half expecting a "yes" reply to your response! 😁

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements