cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates for PZ-E1 power zoom and EOS R6 Mark II

clicknz
Contributor

Hi - I've used the PZ E1 attached to the EFs 18 - 135 lens with earlier 80D, 6D, R & R6 camera bodies, but it doesn't seem to work with the R6 Mk 2 body. Has anyone had luck with this combination?

I suspect the body may need a firmware update to recognise the attachment, it would also be good if the Canon Connect app could be updated so zooming could be done wirelessly via the app.

Cheers,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

clicknz
Contributor

Hi all - I was WRONG - the zoom adapter does work with the R6 Mk 2 body - my apologies.

I decided to test a couple more things today and realise that I probably put the lens and adapter onto the body with the unit already switched on. It seems to require both the unit and the camera to be switched off, then turn camera on, then turn on power zoom unit. 

The camera connect app doesn't seem to allow remote zooming, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Thanks (and apologies) to everyone who contributed to this thread. Cheers.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

At the very bottom of the Canon USA home page in little teeny letters there is a feedback link.

clicknz
Contributor

Hi all - I was WRONG - the zoom adapter does work with the R6 Mk 2 body - my apologies.

I decided to test a couple more things today and realise that I probably put the lens and adapter onto the body with the unit already switched on. It seems to require both the unit and the camera to be switched off, then turn camera on, then turn on power zoom unit. 

The camera connect app doesn't seem to allow remote zooming, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Thanks (and apologies) to everyone who contributed to this thread. Cheers.

Announcements