cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR-E1 Bluetooth Remote and tabletop tripod

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

I had been thinking of getting a BR-E1 Bluetooth Remote control for my EOS R6 mkII, since the new camera doesn't have an infra-red receiver to work with my IR remote.

Came across this:

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/tripod-grip-hg-100tbr?color=Black&type=New

which is a tabletop tripod with the BR-E1 remote 'embedded' in one leg, removable so you can use it without the tripod.

The tripod folds and can be used as a handgrip. It's limited, it doesn't have a proper ball head, just a tilt and swivel head that has click-stop positions. But I've got my pocketable remote which is more convenient to use sometimes than my cellphone. And I can always use another tabletop tripod.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.
1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

JoeySnaps,

I'd probably go with a full or table top tripod and canon connect.  The BR-E1 might not offer the flexibility you could get with another set up.  Up to you of course.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements