cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tripod mounting plate needed for PowerShot SX70 HS

casablues
Contributor

I want to put my SX70 on a tripod, but I can't find a mounting plate which screws into the bottom of the camera and is then mounted on the tripod. I did not see this part on the Canon website.  Does anyone use a tripod with the SX70?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Screenshot 2024-06-29 100832.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

normadel
Authority
Authority

This is not a Canon part.  It is an accessory item. It sounds like you want a a camera PLATE that mates with a CLAMP on a tripod. Yes?  Plates are readily available for the major types of plate-clamp systems . . . .Arca Swiss and Manfrotto Bogen. Also available for others.

What kind of tripod do you have? Does it have a clamp (integral or screwed-on)? Or does it just have a camera-mounting screw sticking out of it?

casablues
Contributor

I used to have a small plate that screwed into the bottom of the camera, then that plate would slide into a locked position on the tripod.  I also have another tripod (Precision) that has a clamp.  

Screenshot 2024-06-29 100832.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

normadel
Authority
Authority

You need a plate that fits your clamp. That's why I asked what tripod you have, if the clamp is integral with it, etc. Some tripods clamps are oddballs, not one of the standards,

casablues
Contributor

thanks for helping me understand the problem.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements