cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount Adapter EF-EOS R compatibility with EOS R100

27pemmi
Apprentice

I recently bought a 50mm EF 1.8 STM lens and a R100 and I have been searching for an adapter. However, most of the on brand EOS R adapters, on amazon, are unclear with their compatibility in reviews and description. The adapter I was mostly looking at was the "Canon EF-EOS R Mount Adapter", which says it is compatible with all EOS R cameras on the Canon website but only says it is compatible with "EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R6, and EOS R5" on the website

If anyone can clear this up for me that would be great.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The EF > EOS R adapter is compatible with the R100.  You'll be able to use the  EF 50mm f1.8 with your body. 😉

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@27pemmi wrote:

The adapter I was mostly looking at was the "Canon EF-EOS R Mount Adapter", which says it is compatible with all EOS R cameras on the Canon website but only says it is compatible with "EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R6, and EOS R5" on the [Amazon] website

If anyone can clear this up for me that would be great.

I see that on the Amazon site. The description hasn't been updated and isn't complete. As Rick stated, that is the one and you won't have any problems

BTW, just be sure you see "Ships from and Sold by" Amazon on the page. Avoid other sellers on Amazon for Canon gear.

Newton

Announcements