cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC-E10E battery charger constantly blinks

Ymoore006
Apprentice

I purchased a canon 4000d camera and it came with two batteries, one is a canon brand battery the other battery is a non brand. I used the canon battery first and after an hour or so, the battery died. So I put it on the charger and switched to the other battery. After a few shots, that battery also died. I had let the canon battery charge all day but I noticed the “charge” light kept blinking and the “full” light never came on. So I switched to charge the non brand battery and same problem. I assumed it was the batteries and purchased a third battery, another canon brand and I’m running into the same problem. The battery charger just blinks and I’m not sure if the battery is completely charging. How can this be resolved? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on Mark35mmF2's analysis, It sounds like you need a new battery charger.  

All batteries do eventually wear out.  After getting the new charger, your newest battery should provide the best performance (longevity), etc.  You can assess the others once you know your charger is known to be functioning properly and good quality.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Based on what you describe it sounds like the battery charger might be having an issue. Does the same happen when it is plugged into another outlet?

Hello! Yes, the light continues to blink when plugged into different outlets. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on Mark35mmF2's analysis, It sounds like you need a new battery charger.  

All batteries do eventually wear out.  After getting the new charger, your newest battery should provide the best performance (longevity), etc.  You can assess the others once you know your charger is known to be functioning properly and good quality.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements