cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Correct USB Cord Needed

KraftyGal
Apprentice

New here, and need help on finding the correct cord to connect my Rebel T7 to my macbook air.

Hello,

I am very excited to use my new camera when we go on our 2 week hiking trip to the PNW this coming summer. But I do have one question. I am trying to connect my Rebel T7 to my MacBook Air and I can't find out what cord I need to do that. Can someone send me in the right direction? I have USB C ports. I have searched for a mini HDMI to USB C cord but can't find any. Is that the wrong cord? I am hopeful someone can tell me what type of cord I need. I already have a regular HDMI to USB C cord to connect my laptop to my tv, just incase the air play or screen share stops working. Thank you for your help. 

Sally 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Canon IFC-400PCU USB cable is listed as the part number for the cable. It has a mini-USB connector (camera end) to a USB type A (computer end). You would have to adapt the type A connector to a type C. You could search for a mini-USB to type A data USB cable to use. 

1.JPG

The mini-USB connector on the camera is used for data transfer, while the HDMI connector is used for video output from the camera.

As Ricky stated, if you only need to transfer image files to your computer, a card reader is a good solution. 

[Commercial link removed in accordance with forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

What are you attempting to do with the connected camera?  e.g. if it's only to transfer photos, it would be better to get an SD card reader as that provides the maximum chance of success.

Or, are you attempting to control the camera via your computer?  Or, using the camera as a webcam?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you. I was going to use it to transfer photos using the image.canon. I will get the adapter for my sd card reader. That seems a lot easier. I thought it had to be done with a cable. And I did use cannon connect with no issue.  Just a little bit of a learning curve for me right now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Canon IFC-400PCU USB cable is listed as the part number for the cable. It has a mini-USB connector (camera end) to a USB type A (computer end). You would have to adapt the type A connector to a type C. You could search for a mini-USB to type A data USB cable to use. 

1.JPG

The mini-USB connector on the camera is used for data transfer, while the HDMI connector is used for video output from the camera.

As Ricky stated, if you only need to transfer image files to your computer, a card reader is a good solution. 

[Commercial link removed in accordance with forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

Thank you so much. I am going with the sd card adapter that fits my computer. I already have one in my cart on amazon. I really appreciate the time you both took to answer my question. Bit of a learning curve for me here at the moment. But it is all good. Thanks!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements