cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T2i cables and manuals needed

Shadams3
Apprentice

Hello fellow Canon family. I've just received my father's EOS Rebel T2i. I have the charger, battery, SD card. I do not have a manual or cabels to connect to my windows laptop. 

I am looking for a manual, cabel(s) to connect to laptop and anything else yall can advise/recommend. 

Thank y'all!

2 REPLIES 2

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

I recommend using a USB SD card reader to copy pictures over to your computer. Also stick with 32GB (SDHC) or smaller SD Cards. Older cameras ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with today's 64GB or larger SD Cards (SDXC). Use Full Sized SD Cards in the camera. DO NOT use a Micro SD Card in an adapter. This causes all kinds of problems. If the camera was compatible with Micro SD Cards. It would take them directly without an adapter. Canon provides electronic manuals of all of their products online. Free of charge for everyone. The manual list the type of cable needed to connect the camera to a computer. I don't know what kind of computer you have. The original cable was a Mini USB to USB Type A. Most newer computers use USB Type C. This connector has an oval shape instead of a rectangular shape that USB Type A uses. The camera end of the cord is Mini USB. The computer end could be Type A or Type C. So check which is available on your computer. Link to Camera Manual  

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

normadel
Authority
Authority

Your camera has a USB Mini-B port. It came with a USB A (the computer end) - to Mini B cable, a standard widely available item.  If your computer has another type of USB port, you need that type-to-Mini B.

You can download the manual from Canon Support.  https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-rebel-t2i

You can also look on eBay or at <UsedPhotoPro.com>  for the original printed manual that came with the camera.

Announcements