cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5DS R mount/adapter needed for Rokinon Cine lens

bnc456
Contributor

Hello, I have a Canon 5DsR and have recently bought a Rokinon 50mm T1.5 Full Frame Cine DS and need an adapter to fit it to my camera. Can someone point me in the right direction to what mount/adapter I am needing? thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

There is no RF-EF adapter. The flange distance (between flange mount and sensor) for RF cameras is shorter than the EF mount. That is why EF lenses are able to be mounted on RF bodies (with the adapter).

Need to return the lens for an EF model (if they have one).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

If you bought the RF mount version, you are out of luck. It is impossible to make an adapter to mount an RF lens on an EF camera like your 5DsR. 

Your only options are to exchange the RF lens for an EF lens, or buy a RF mount camera. 

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

The description needs to say DSX. Your original post said DS. 

Put it on eBay and start at $300.  You could always relist at a lower price if it doesn’t sell. 

https://rokinon.com/products/50mm-t1-5-full-frame-cine-dsx

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for your help!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@bnc456,

***EDIT - Seems there were other replies before I posted mine.

The DS version of this lens does not come in an RF mount.  The DSX does.  Your 5Dsr has an EF lens mount. John and Mike have both pointed out an RF lens cannot be adapted to an EF mount  camera. We are only able to offer advice regarding compatibility with your existing device.  Unfortunately, Its not in this case.  New this lens is $450. While the 5Dsr is not known for its video capability 1080/30p, its 50MP sensor and proven 61 point auto focus system was one of the best available for its time.  Still a great camera.  If you are exploring video, consider a newer mirrorless R camera.  You'll have a great video centric lens to start with.     

shadowsports_0-1672182889103.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements