cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5DS R mount/adapter needed for Rokinon Cine lens

bnc456
Contributor

Hello, I have a Canon 5DsR and have recently bought a Rokinon 50mm T1.5 Full Frame Cine DS and need an adapter to fit it to my camera. Can someone point me in the right direction to what mount/adapter I am needing? thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

There is no RF-EF adapter. The flange distance (between flange mount and sensor) for RF cameras is shorter than the EF mount. That is why EF lenses are able to be mounted on RF bodies (with the adapter).

Need to return the lens for an EF model (if they have one).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

If you bought the RF mount version, you are out of luck. It is impossible to make an adapter to mount an RF lens on an EF camera like your 5DsR. 

Your only options are to exchange the RF lens for an EF lens, or buy a RF mount camera. 

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

That lens comes in a Canon EF mount.  Is this the model you own?  If so, It will attach to the body without an adapter.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello, it came with an RF mount already attached to it, so I believe I just need a mount to attach it to my canon camera. 

There is no RF-EF adapter. The flange distance (between flange mount and sensor) for RF cameras is shorter than the EF mount. That is why EF lenses are able to be mounted on RF bodies (with the adapter).

Need to return the lens for an EF model (if they have one).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

This lens is available in multiple mounts. Which mount do you have?

E7E64434-2188-4537-9BA4-2D8C34133EF2.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Hello, it came with an RF mount already attached to it, so I believe I just need a mount to attach it to my canon camera. 

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

If you bought the RF mount version, you are out of luck. It is impossible to make an adapter to mount an RF lens on an EF camera like your 5DsR. 

Your only options are to exchange the RF lens for an EF lens, or buy a RF mount camera. 

Mike Sowsun

bnc456
Contributor

Thank you all. I bought this from an online auction with limited info on the lens to begin with. So, luckily I'm only out $20. If anyone has any advice on the resale of this lens (have never used ebay and besides Facebook market place) so I can get a new lens compatible with my camera I would love to hear it! Thanks.

Are you sure its an RF mount? The Rokinon website doesn't list an RF mount version? It's an almost $400 lens new. If you got it for $20 is there something wrong with it?

50mm T1.5 Full Frame Cine DS - Rokinon Lenses – Rokinonlenses

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I live in a small town where two men buy and sell items from amazon pallets for cheap on an online auction page. We have received many good deals from the amazon pallets such as a DJI Mavick Mini in great condition under $20, as well. The lens looks brand new in a damaged box, but I couldn't be certain anything is wrong with it without attaching it, of course. I have attached the link to the amazon item # listed on the box. Maybe that will give additional information that will be of help.

Announcements