cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger for Two LC-E6 Batteries

gillmardesigns
Contributor

Does Canon have a charger that can charge 2 or more batteries at the same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter
Authority
Authority

Get another Canon charger, because I have never seen a dual one for LP-E6 series. There are for third-party chargers. I have a dual charger from Jupio. It just charges and doesn't reset the exposure count for the battery. 650 mA for one battery, 500 mA each for two batteries. Canon LC-E6 charges one battery with 1200 mA.

I own older Canon dual chargers for my D30 and 1Ds, but they don't charge the batteries at the same time anyway.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I don't think Canon ever made a dual battery charger for LP-E6 series batteries.  In searching B&H on "Canon battery charger dual", there are numerous 3rd-party chargers.

I've ony ever used the Canon chargers, so others will need to weigh in on how good the 3rd party ones are.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ok. Thanks a mil @rs-eos.

Peter
Authority
Authority

Get another Canon charger, because I have never seen a dual one for LP-E6 series. There are for third-party chargers. I have a dual charger from Jupio. It just charges and doesn't reset the exposure count for the battery. 650 mA for one battery, 500 mA each for two batteries. Canon LC-E6 charges one battery with 1200 mA.

I own older Canon dual chargers for my D30 and 1Ds, but they don't charge the batteries at the same time anyway.

Ok. Thank you @Peter. I will do that.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I have a couple of different third party dual chargers I use with my LP-E6 batteries and both seem to work fine for both third party and my few remaining Canon branded batteries. 

Prior to buying some 5 series bodies that use LP-E6 family batteries, I have always used Canon branded batteries and I will continue to do so with my 1 series bodies.  But the LP-E6 Canon batteries do not display the quality and rock solid reliability of the LP-E19 (and previous LP-E4 and NP-E3) batteries for the 1 series gear.  So I have been using aftermarket LP-E6NH batteries for my 5DS and 5DS R bodies for over a year now and unlike the Canon LP-E6 batteries I purchased earlier, none have failed unexpectedly and they are also far less expensive.  I am happy to pay more for quality/reliability but in this specific case that wasn't the result. 

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thank you @wq9nsc. I understand what you are saying. From what I have seen the 1 series really looks solid.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Manfrotto sells a generic dual batter charger.  It uses different adapter plates to charge different types of batteries, including the Canon LP-E6.   I strongly recommend not buying it.

The adapter plates have a high fiddle factor.  They do not snap into place very well, or at least I have not managed to pull it off.  I have seen other reviews report the same thing.  The adapter keeps popping itself out of its socket.  For some reason, all of the other adapter plates snap in place perfectly, just not the one for the LP-E6.

It is a great when it works.  I have lucked out many times and managed to get it to stay and fully charge two batteries at the same time.  But, the older it gets the unluckier I get.  I can always get one side to stay in place and charge a single battery.  I’ve had it about four years.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle. I said the same thing when I saw it on B&H Video while doing some research. Just the build of it and the materials I said I would pass on it. Thanks for confirming my findings.👍

normadel
Authority
Authority

There are various dual-battery chargers on eBay  for LP-E6 batteries. They come with batteries or without batteries. Look at the listings for LP-E6 batteries to see which have a "charger-only" option.

Announcements