cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PowerShot SD450 Using US Charger in UK

helpmeetplease
Apprentice

okay I brought a canon Powershot sd450 online and I got it but the charger for the battery pack will not fit into the plug socket I think it is an American one, so I thought ill order a US to UK plug but the only thing holding me back is that looking at the metal part that is meant to go in the plug, the distance between it very small meaning in the uk we have somewhat of a small distance in the part that goes in the plug. the battery charges distance is so small I wouldn't be shocked Its for another a country, this could be me be crazy can anyone confirm that I do need to get a US to UK plug 

IMG_6863.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rs-eos wrote:

You'd definitely need a UK to US converter.  Not only to deal with the physical differences in the plugs, but also to deal with the expected voltage and frequency.  UK is 230 Volts at 50 Hz and US is 110/120 Volts at 60 Hz

Physical connection yes, but most modern devices are 110/240 50/60. If you blow up the image you can see that on the Canon power block.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

You'd definitely need a UK to US converter.  Not only to deal with the physical differences in the plugs, but also to deal with the expected voltage and frequency.  UK is 230 Volts at 50 Hz and US is 110/120 Volts at 60 Hz

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

@rs-eos wrote:

Physical connection yes, but most modern devices are 110/240 50/60. If you blow up the image you can see that on the Canon power block.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Peter
Authority
Authority

I have three chargers for LP-E6 (6D, 6D and 7D). One of them was bought in Japan. I use a simple adapter and I find this charger easier to carry with me. The other two I bought in Europe have cables. I think I have seven cables laying around for different Canon chargers.

As you can see on the charger and as jrhoffman75 already stated, it accepts 100-240V and 50/60Hz.

IMG_20220722_084437.jpg

Announcements