want to use X105 as a webcam

jetalong
Apprentice

What must I do to use my X105 as a webcam.  software etc?  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello Jetalong,

The XF105 has no direct onboard support for use as a webcam.  Because this is not an operation supported natively, or through Canon on a software level, we are unable to provide recommendations that would allow you to use it as a webcam.

If you need immediate technical support and would like to contact Canon directly, please feel free to use our Service & Support website to get in touch!  We hope you have a great day!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Before purchasing the camera, I called your professional services group and was told that it could be used as a webcam through its outputs.  This is not good news.

Hello Jetalong,

In my previous post, I did not indicate or say that an XF105 could not be used as a webcam; I said that using it as a webcam is not supported through Canon.  I furthermore indicated that it has no direct onboard support (which it doesn't) and that we do not provide software allowing it to be used as such.  This is because the XF105 is intended to be a pro level camcorder instead of a webcam. 

Thusly meaning that you might be able to get it to work in such a manner, but neither the hardware setup or software solutions are aspects covered by Canon proper. 

If using your XF105 as a web cam is something you wish to pursue, by all means you are welcome to try, but Canon technical support isn't able to provide instructions for use, setup or recommendations for software or connecting  hardware which may enable this.   

We wish you the best of luck and sincerely hope that you are able to get it to work in a manner befitting your needs. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements