cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XHA1 playback problems

sloudone
Apprentice

First of all I want to say that I'm very much a novice using the XHA1 camcorder. I did use the XHA1 camcoreder to deotape a wedding a few weeks ago. The camera seemed to work well, following the event I did rewind the DV tape some and then played the tape- all seemed good with the video. However, now when trying to transfer the video to a DVD, during playback the video 'lurches' forward anywhere from ~25 to 60 seconds, displaying a frame of video then lurches fowrward again, over and over. The VCR menu option SIGNAL SETUP: PLAYBACK STD = AUTO; COMP OUT=480i; AV->DV+HD DOWN-CONV+LETTERBOX settings=OFF.. I called Canon support number and was informed that this camera is no longer supported by Canon Support team but the usa.canon.com website contained helpful information. Problem is the website is currently unavailable (with apology for any inconvience, of course). Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

It sounds like this is happening after the DVD is finalized, is that the case? This may be due to however the DVD writer is encoding the data, I would recommend trying to capture the video onto your computer and viewing it in your video editing software to see if the problem happens there as well. If the problem goes away in your editing software then writing a DVD from that data should resolve the issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements