cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF400 - Priority and HDMI Output?

Spassvogel
Contributor

I set up an OBS streaming "studio" and I've noticed that my XF400 was squeezing its image (into 720x486) for some reason.  I was able to get it back to 1080 by switching the priroity setting in the menu to External HDMI, but it seems really strange that having it on a normal settings would somehow squeeze the HDMI down like that.  Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is that just how it is with these cameras?

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Usually the HDMI connection will automatically detect the connection and send an appropriately sized signal through it, but it may have detected something different via the HDMI connection or potentially just read the connection to OBS inaccurately. Generally if you connect the camera to a television or directly to a monitor/recorder, you will get a signal of the same resolution as your camcorder setting.

It's going into a Blackmagic capture card via HDMI.  I couldn't figure out why the image would appear squeezed in OBS and the only thing that fixed it was switching the camera to External Priority. 

Anyway, it just seemed strange.  I'll keep experimenting with the other settings.  There is a HDMI max resolution setting as well that I didn't look at. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements