cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of SD card works best with the XA10?

DQ
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi DQ!

Thank you for posting about this.  The XA10 can be used with SD, SDHC and SDXC cards of 128MB or larger.  If you are going to record movies to the card, I strongly recommend looking for a card that has a speed class rating.  The speed class rating indicates the minimum data transfer speed of a memory card.  Cards that are rated Classes 4, 6 or 10 are what you want to look for.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi DQ!

Thank you for posting about this.  The XA10 can be used with SD, SDHC and SDXC cards of 128MB or larger.  If you are going to record movies to the card, I strongly recommend looking for a card that has a speed class rating.  The speed class rating indicates the minimum data transfer speed of a memory card.  Cards that are rated Classes 4, 6 or 10 are what you want to look for.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the SD info).  I now need to know what video editing program works best with my XA10. I've discovered that Adobe's Element II makes you change from the AVCHD format to a compressed format before you can do any editing which is unacceptable fedelity wise. Is there a program that will allow you to import to computer and edit without changing formats?

Thanks, DQ

Announcements