cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia g30 will not allow movies to be recorded to a 64 microsd card nor to a 128 micro Sd card, but

hypnostage
Contributor

My Vixia g30 will not allow movies to be recorded to a 64 microsd card nor to a 128 micro Sd card, but will to a 32 microcard.  I have not initialized the card as it is new. Would that be the problem, or is this too big a card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had to initialize the microsd card twice, but it is recording video just fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VideoGeek
Mentor

Not quite sure how you are using a microSD card in that camcorder.  According to the specs and the manual it will support up to a 128GB SD card (not microSD).  The acceptable types are SD/SDHC/SDXC and according to the manual the brands tested with the G30 are Panasonic, Toshiba and SanDisk.

hypnostage
Contributor
As I stated, I am using a microcard with an adapter. The 32 GB is a Sandisk and works fine, the 64 GB is also a Sandisk and the camcorder gives me the same message that movies cannot be saved to this card. I have not formatted any of them, but intend to this morning to see if that does the trick.

I had to initialize the microsd card twice, but it is recording video just fine.

Glad it worked and you found the solution.  I thought you had used an adapter but the response was more in surprise that a microSD card (with an adapter)  would work.  

Announcements