cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HFR 700 camera stops filming SD card too slow

Chayyath
Apprentice

I have the Canon, Vixia HFR 700.  No matter what SD card I put in or what setting I use, the camera

the card seems too slow to keep up, but I checked the card for speed and it should be fine.  It films for a bit then stops.

If I press stop, it takes a while for the camera to finish writing before it stops.  I keep it on the lowest quality as well and it

still does this with more than one SD card I have.  Not sure, but could be the camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello Chayyath, 

The camera will require a faster card that what it seems you are using currently.  If you try a faster card and the issue still persists, then we recommend considering sending it for service.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

www.usa.canon.com/repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello Chayyath, 

The camera will require a faster card that what it seems you are using currently.  If you try a faster card and the issue still persists, then we recommend considering sending it for service.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

www.usa.canon.com/repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

These are the cards I use. No problems with MP4 at 1080p 50fps 35Mbps. Amazon has them.

SD card.JPG 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Chayyath
Apprentice
Thanks !! Will do !!

Make sure you use only a full size SD card, not the microSD card with an adapter. Also be sure to format any new card (or used card, for that matter) in the camera in which it is being used.

Announcements