cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF200 Will not accept 64GB Class 10 SDHC card

gdeshmukh
Apprentice

Hello friends, I bought this camera while I the States. Now we live in India. I have a 64 GB Class 10 card and it worked fine up until now...but suddenly the camcorder does not accept the card.

I read from folks that I will need to send the camera so that the firmware can be updated to the latest version.

I live in India so that will be little hard.

Can you help? Thanks in advance!!

4 REPLIES 4

VideoGeek
Mentor

Can the card be read by a computer?  Have you tested the card in any other device to find out whether or not the card is faulty or have you tried another card in the camcorder to see if it is indeed a camcorder problem?

Thank you for the response. Yes. the card can be read by the computer. I tried multiple cards by different manufacturers with identical results.

I tried older, smaller card and works fine.

I also got a response back from Canon that this camera is out of warranty so they can't fix a known problem even if it is a manufacturers defect any more.

I offered to flash the device myself at my own risk too (if I remember correctly).

Interesting customer service! I am going to stick with Sony going forward. Vote with my wallet.

Thanks again though! Communities are great!!

Shame that it won't be fixed especially if it was a known issue.  Hope the next purchase is better.

All in all, I have been completely 'underwhelmed' by Canon and the products/services that they have offered regarding my Vixia HF R600 that I bought this year. The images and recording are great. The menu system, basic functionality and the inability to have any type of a 'remote' to start/stop/zoom with the camera are bad enough.

Now I find that once I have installed and initialized a 64GB memory card, I can no longer get back to/use/or get my current video's off of the camera.

I downloaded and installed the CameraWindow software, and it appears to have been written by amateurs. I'm just about ready to take the whole rig and simply crush it in my big vise in my workshop.

I've posted another message asking how to get to my 'internal memory' on the Canon, but I'm not excited about the prospects of actually getting an answer.

This will be my last Canon purchase, for certain - unless some miracle happens. Just venting. Sorry to hijack your thread here.

Announcements