cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R800 - is there a storage size limit for the SD?

danielrosehill
Enthusiast

I've looked over the specs for the Vixia HF R800 and can't see a maximum storage capacity listed anywhere.

After a bit of trying (I was looking at the wrong menu option) I've managed to get the camera recording onto a 512 GB that's actually a microSD in an adapter. 

Sort of out of curiosity but also because I'd almost be tempted to buy one, does anybody know whether the camera can record onto 1 TB?

Without knowing much about hardware, I'd be tempted to believe that there is no constraint in terms of the plug in memory capacity. But perhaps I'm wrong about that. 

1 REPLY 1

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Not sure.  While the card would be formatted the same, it's possible that the operating system in the camcorder wouldn't be able to fully address/access all locations on the card.

I have to ask though, would you really need a card capable of capturing 64 hours of footage (in the highest quality codec)?

Also the standard tip to avoid micro-SD cards as they can cause trouble with DSLRs, camcorders and other equipment that has full-sized SD card slots.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements