cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R52 "lost" video shots.

Bimbing
Apprentice

My Vixia HF R52 had been losing video shots. This is the 2nd time that it happened. Returning home from a vacation I found out that 2 days of AVCHD  videos could not be found. Upon downloading to the computer with Pixella those 2 days were skipped.. Also, in "play mode" those 2 days of videos are not there (shown). 

What causes it? Any possibility that they somehow could be recovered? Thanks, Bimbing

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bimbing,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you encountered, especially during your vacation.

So we may better assist you, please reply with the following:

• Were you able to see your movies at any time before they disappeared?
  • Were you using the internal memory or a memory card?
  • If you were using a memory card, has this happened with more than one memory card?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Richard,

The "lost" video footage is on the memory card. Yes, at any time before the disappearance I was able to playback these video. It was just when I transfered the video from the Internal Memory and Memory card using the camera provided Pixella, did I notice that the it skipped those 2 days of videos. When I tried to play them back on the camcorder, they were also "gone". 

2 Days ago as a last resort I placed the memory SD card in a card reader and used Windows Explorer to scan the card.. To my surprise, in the folder /Canon/AVCHD/Streaming there are the lost .mst videos. I still don't understand why the last 34 .mst were detected but not the first 200+ files. So of the 1st lost day .mst files ALL were not detected and of the 2nd day lost .mst files only the last 34 .mst files were detected.

In any case I was able to recover those files using Windows Explorer. Thank youvery much for helping me. 

Announcements