cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R100

JeremyBurge
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon Vixia HF R100, and when I use to plug it into my laptop and turn it on my comp would auto detect and ask "what do you want to do?" I would select import videos or pictures, but that's not the problem. Now what I have to do is go to my computer--->right click removable g: drive----> click open as portable device---> then import videos or pictures. I don't mind doing this, a little tedious but fine, whatever. The Problem! When I import these videos it pops up a new window when it's done and all the video clips are there for me to view or copy over to another folder. Well the other day I was in the middle of downloading the videos and I had to walk away for a moment. When I came back my laptop screen was black and moving the mouse did nothing. So I had no choice but to restart it. I had assumed that all the videos had downloaded but now I can't find them anywhere on my comp, and when I plug the camera back up and do the above mentioned steps it tells me "no new videos or pictures where found." But the videos are still on there, I can view them on the camera itself when I press the video camera icon/ play button. Soooooo how do I get these videos off? Or where do you think they got stored if they did get pulled off? And why does the camera do this? I need these video clips!!! Please help!!!

I am using:

Lenovo Laptop Thinkpad

Win 7 Pro

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hi JeremyBurge,

Thanks so much for writing in.  We're sorry to hear that clips from your VIXIA HF R100 do not appear on your computer.  What you would want to do is to remove the memory card from the camera and copy and paste directly off the card.  Most laptops and desktops have a card reader built in.  If yours does not, then a basic plug and play card reader can be used to transfer the files directly off the memory card.  This will allow you to easily regain those files that didn't seem to transfer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hi JeremyBurge,

Thanks so much for writing in.  We're sorry to hear that clips from your VIXIA HF R100 do not appear on your computer.  What you would want to do is to remove the memory card from the camera and copy and paste directly off the card.  Most laptops and desktops have a card reader built in.  If yours does not, then a basic plug and play card reader can be used to transfer the files directly off the memory card.  This will allow you to easily regain those files that didn't seem to transfer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements