cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect Vixia R300 to computer

mccarthy3908
Apprentice

I have a brand new Vixia R300 and I cannot get my MacBook Pro to recognize it.....tried all the rouble shooting solutions and still get the "no camera was found" message ...HELP!!!

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Dear mccarthy3908,

We are sorry to hear that you cannot get your Mac to recognize your VIXIA HF R300.  We will do what we can to resolve this, but the forum may be a difficult way to troubleshoot this issue.  The software which comes with your camera needs to be installed first, before you connect the camera.  Try using a different USB port and avoid using a USB hub to connect.  Ensure that you have a fully charged battery in the camera, or use an AC Adapter.  The VIXIA HF R300 should mount to the desktop when properly plugged in and connected. 

If you continue to experience issues connecting, we recommend getting in touch with our technical support team, either on the phone or through email. 

You may call our special toll-free number by dialing 1-800-828-4040, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

To reach us by email use the address: CareCenter@cits.canon.com.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements