cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF G20 HDMI output to capture device

cowboysnhorns
Apprentice

I am very sorry if this is a topic that has been done before. I tried to search for this speciic information, but cannot find it anywhere on the web, including this community 

I am new to Livestreaming for our church. We have been using a single webcam to livestream to facebook. I have been tasked with adding more cameras and using Livestream Studio. We have a Vixia HF G20 that the church has used for recording sermons. We recently purchased the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. We have a Macbook Pro running Catalina. 

I plug the capture device into the Mac and see that it is connected. When I plug in the G20, I still have a black screen. I know that I need to make all settings the same for the frame rate and video quality on the G20, the capture device (Desktop Video 11.7), and the capture software (Media Express 2). The capture device does not capture a frame rate of 60. I do not believe it will capture 1080P but will capture 1080i.

My questions are:

I have looked everywhere and cannot find out what the exact output is of the Mini HDMI out on the Camera. 

Will it output less than 60 frame rate?

If so, how can I make the frame rate / video quality what I want...If I change the record frame rate..ie. 60i, PF30, PF24, 24P, does that change the mini HDMI output frame rate?

If anyone has had success with the G20 on the Intensity Shuttle for USB3.0, can you let me know that I am not wasting my time and it can actually work? I have spent MANY hours changing settings and don't want to waste more, if I just need to get another capture device.

Thank you in advance for any help possible.

1 REPLY 1

steelman74
Apprentice
I am looking for the same answers you are. If I find any I'll post here
Announcements