cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA G40 display

Leog
Contributor

Is there a way to remove the small square "Recore standby" icon from the display? I am using the camera for livestream and live closed circuit video and would prefer not to have it or the :"Record" icons showing.

Leo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It does not show on the HDMI output on my G40 when recording. On the touch screen select Function then Menu. Select the Spanner symbol, scroll down to Output Onscreen Displays, select it and set it to Off. You should now have no screen overlays showing on the HDMI port.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tim
Authority

Hello Leog, 

There is a button on the camcorder marked [DISP] and pressing this multiple times will change the display that is displayed on the screen or through the output.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Leog
Contributor

I hit the display numerous times. It only toggles between the function screen and the normal screen but stiil has the operation square or the red record dot. I would like to heve a clean screen in the camera mode.

Though it shows on the display, it is not present on the HDMI output. There is no way to remove it from the touch screen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Actually it does show on HDMI output. I am in camera mode, HDMI out to a monitor. It may not show up in playback of a recorded event (I haven't tried that yet) But I was hoping to use this in a live video feed for closed circuit and livestream broadcast.

LG

It does not show on the HDMI output on my G40 when recording. On the touch screen select Function then Menu. Select the Spanner symbol, scroll down to Output Onscreen Displays, select it and set it to Off. You should now have no screen overlays showing on the HDMI port.

That did the trick!! Thank you so much for the help!!

LG

Announcements