cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring recordings to PC

no1texan
Contributor

I have a Canon Optura 50 camcorder and want to transfer recordings from the camcorder to my PC. The last time I did this was almost 12 years ago, so I have bit of catching up to do on the learning curve. The list of accessories shows STV-250N Stereo Video Cable. Is this what I need to transfer the recordings to my PC? There is no sound with the recordings.

Also, I am looking at the Pinnacle Dazzle® DVD Recorder HD video capture device, will work do the transfer from the Canon Optura 50.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

no1texan, 

The Optura 50 connected to computers via Firewire, IEEE-1394, that's what you will need.  It's an older standard now, and most computers won't have that type of connection anymore.  However if yours does- that's what you'd use to connect the camcorder and transfer photos.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

no1texan, 

The Optura 50 connected to computers via Firewire, IEEE-1394, that's what you will need.  It's an older standard now, and most computers won't have that type of connection anymore.  However if yours does- that's what you'd use to connect the camcorder and transfer photos.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the information. I have the IEEE-1394 cable but do not have terminal/port on my computer nor the needed software. I found a video that recommended 2+1 FireWire 800/400 PCle Combo Host Card. 

Announcements