cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Mode Selection Switch VIXIA HF G30

donloftus
Apprentice

I purchased this video camera back on August 8, 2013 so it is out of warranty. The problem is the selector switch for picking your shooting mode, I can not access Cinema.  When the switch is Auto the camera is in Auto mode, when I switch to manual there is no change, the display does not blink and I'm still in Auto mode. When I switch to Cinema mode the camera display shows I'm changing to Manual and the camera finally changes to Manual mode.  Of course, there are  no more mode positions to select, so no Cinema. Any suggestions?  Since it is out of warranty, is there anyplace I can find information on how to repair the camera or replace the switch?   Thanks for any help you can offer.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

It definitely sounds like the switch is out of alignment or has gone bad. Instructions for self repair are going to be hard to come by but the camera can still be repaired.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Is there a schmatic on line somewhere or anything that shows how to get to that switch?  Is there a Canon repair facility near Gainesville, Florida maybe in Jacksonville, FL?  I would at least like to talk to a repair shop and see what they say.  If it costs too much I just won't use Cinema.  I can dome most of the effects that Cinema offers in post if I need too.  It's just that it would be nice to have all modes available just in case I need it.  Mark35mmF2, thanks for your input.

Announcements