cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my XA20, FUNC is outlined in red. This camera has been great but now the sound is flaky.

professorcindy
Apprentice

I never had a problem with this camera but now it sometimes doesn't record sound. Video is fine. I tried resetting to factory settings but still have the problem. Any ideas what I should do? I'm pretty sure the outline around FUNC used to be green. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Professorcindy, 

In orer to provide you with the best troubleshooting steps, I would like to ask you a few questions.  Are you recording sound from an external source or with the internal microphone?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

professorcindy
Apprentice

I sent the camera to Canon and they said the problem is with my sound system, not the camera. I still have the red outline??? I was using external sound plugged into Line 1. Still doing that... the sound from a wireless mike is great, Line 1 sound is still not wonderful, so I think they are probably right. Sigh. Waiting for an expert to show up to diagnose the sound system...

Announcements