cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Issues with VIXIA HF G60

Anon1
Apprentice

I’m a novice who has been recording concerts in a hall that has a microphone suspended above the stage. The mic runs through an amplifier (Event Emp-1), and that set-up worked beautifully with a VIXIA HF M50 and a G40 after that. However, I recently tried using a G60 and the sound was awful: lots of windy noise and clipping throughout the recordings, most especially with loud sounds. I adjust the db gain level on the amp but it persists when the gain is quite low. Does anyone know why there’s such a difference with this newer model camcorder, and how I might be able to fix it? The ideal solution would leave the amplifier in place, as we still use the G50 as a backup camera and the current system works well for that camera. 

I’ve tried using the MC-100 directional mic, but the distance from stage is too great and we pick up just a fraction of the sound that we get with the suspended microphone. Thanks in advance for any information or advice.

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

THere's a couple things we can do to see what might cause the issue. The first thing I would recommend is checking the cables and the microphone port on the camera for any debris or anything that might be causing obstruction or additional interference. If that doesn't produce any potential cause then the next thing I would recommend is checking the audio with another microphone and in other shooting scenarios. This would let us confirm whether or not the issue is specific to your scenario or if the microphone port or audio processing is actually experiencing an issue.

Announcements