cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual record levels for external mic HF R600?

deserttoad
Apprentice

I recently bought this camera to record videos and audio of my daughter playing piano.  She'd like to create an audio CD to give to family members.  We are using a Rode video mic pro external mic.  The problem is all the audio gets recorded at the same volume.  Meaning any parts of the music that are softer or lounder go unnoticed in the recording.  I was hoping the camera was set to some auto mode, but  I can't find anything out.

Any help is greatly appreciated - Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you a copy of the instruction manual?  Page 234 in the Appendix appears to describe how to turn off the automatically audio level, and set the volume manually for external microphones.

VIXIA HF R600 Instruction Manual Download

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you a copy of the instruction manual?  Page 234 in the Appendix appears to describe how to turn off the automatically audio level, and set the volume manually for external microphones.

VIXIA HF R600 Instruction Manual Download

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I was unable to get to the mic volume menu, but after rereading the instruction realized it would only work in SCN or P mode - we will be trying this soon, thank you!

The manual record level was the answer to the problem, now its a matter of how and where exactly to position the mic.  

Here is a recording with the manual mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Am8L3M3PE

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements