cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP4 Join Tool No Working

rpsellers
Apprentice

Is there anyone else as frustrated as I am with the way my camcorder automatically splits files at 4 Gb size?  I've downloaded the Canon MP4 join tool but every time I attempt to join clips that are directly transfered from my Vixia HF R800, it tells me that "no clips that need joining were found."  How is this possible since these are the original files from the camcorder?

Is this utility software as useless as it appears?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Looking at this artice: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART174261&cat=3667C002&actp=LIST&showDraft=fa...

It appears the MP4 Join Tool is used with the HF G50 and the XA40/XA45, but it does not say anything about the HF R800. It may be a good idea to contact the Vixia department to doublecheck how this software works and if its compatible with the files from your camcorder.

M-F 9am-7pm EST (800)652-2666

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Disclaimer, I am not 100% familiar with the RF800..

Internal memory uses exFAT

But when you convert to MP4 it saves to the card.  You cannot join scenes with different frame rates.

Also, the MP4 function can stop working correctly if the internal memory becomes fragmented. See page 131 of your manual.  

I'll need to research more.

Did you format the card in the camera? 

Then you are transferring them to your machine which is running what?

And the MP4 Join Tool (which I don't see for the RF800) Here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/camcorders/consumer/vixia/vixia-hf...

What country are you in?  Is this a US version of the product?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Looking at this artice: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART174261&cat=3667C002&actp=LIST&showDraft=fa...

It appears the MP4 Join Tool is used with the HF G50 and the XA40/XA45, but it does not say anything about the HF R800. It may be a good idea to contact the Vixia department to doublecheck how this software works and if its compatible with the files from your camcorder.

M-F 9am-7pm EST (800)652-2666

Thaks Mark,  Helpful.  I had read that aricle as well which is why I asked about origin.  I don't believe the RF800 is supported by the tool.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks:  Thinking about it, this makes sense.  Still frustrating (I didn't know about the 4 gb split feature when I purchased two Vixia cameras) but probably not worth pursuing any longer.

Announcements