cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legria HFR306 file restoration after data recovery?

mips
Apprentice

Someone deleted the contents of their SDHC card and asked me if I could try and recover their recent wedding videos.

I recovered all the videos to hard disk. Now I want to try and restore the files I recovered back to the camcorder sdhc card so they can play them back from the camcorder.

Folder: PRIVATE->AVCHD->BDMW

I have recovered all the avchd in the STREAM folder.

I have recovered all of the the cpi files in the CLIPINF folder and they mach the numbers of the avchd files.

I have recovered one _0000.MPL file in the PLAYLIST folder.

Folder: PRIVATE->AVCHD->CANON

Recovered files _0000.MPL to _0000_7.MPL

Folder: PRIVATE->AVCHD->CANONTHM

Recovered 5x JPG files

Folder: PRIVATE: CVINFO

Recovered _PLATTR.BAK to _PLATTR_10.BAK

Recovered _SHINFO.BAK to _SHINFO_5.BAK

Now I tried copying all the above (in correct folder) to the sdhc card but the camera says there are no clips to view.

I noticed online (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AVCHD_actual_file_structure.jpg) that the avchd file structure has INDEX.BDM & MOVIEOBJ.BDM files but I found none on the sdhc card. Not sure if this is implemented with Canon.

Which files are essential for the restoration of the images to the sdhc card and which can I ignore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi mips!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for the US market. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs. Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements