cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HV30 as live feed camera?

Earl_J
Contributor

The HV30 has a compnent out connection, an AV connection, an HDV/DV connection, and an HDMI connection...
yet, I can't get anyone to explain to me, or even admit that it's possible, how to get live feed video to my computer for broadcast like a webcam.
I also have a T4i and a 7DMk2 that appears not suitable for prime time either... I'd rather not use a DSLR anyhow.
I don't think the sensors in there are designed for broadcast video demands. I'd really rather use a video camera for video tasks - especially those without a time limit or a CUT! from time to time... (grin)
Does anyone have any assistance on this issue?
Yes, I've tried YouTube... there ARE solutions... if you're a programmer or full-on geek...not for me. Download this program, purchase this converter, open another piece of software and crop the image to your desired size, and you're ready to go...

Easy Peasy...! Three minutes tops from start to finish... LOL   ...   of the video!

Please help me someone... Mr. Wizard!?

Until that time...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Earl J,

Thanks for checking in with us.

The HV30 was not designed for live streaming. As you suggested though, there are workarounds that allow you to use the camera in that way.

They involve accessories we don't make, so we aren't able to provide details on setting up the connection.

That said, I've heard that others with similar cameras have set up live streaming with HDMI-to-USB accessories like Elgato Cam Link 4K, Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder, or AVerMedia AVerCapture HD.

Once the camera is configured with those accessories or related ones, you could then use a broadcasting platform like Open Broadcaster, Zoom, or live options from Facebook or YouTube to do the streaming.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Earl J,

Thanks for checking in with us.

The HV30 was not designed for live streaming. As you suggested though, there are workarounds that allow you to use the camera in that way.

They involve accessories we don't make, so we aren't able to provide details on setting up the connection.

That said, I've heard that others with similar cameras have set up live streaming with HDMI-to-USB accessories like Elgato Cam Link 4K, Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder, or AVerMedia AVerCapture HD.

Once the camera is configured with those accessories or related ones, you could then use a broadcasting platform like Open Broadcaster, Zoom, or live options from Facebook or YouTube to do the streaming.

That's what I'm discovering myself..
Thank you very much, Nick2020, for the quick response;
and sound advice.

Until that time...

Did you find a solution? 

My camlink 4k arrived oday (too several months thans to covid) if i plug m hv-30 in it works then freezes

Well, I do have a ROVE DashCam R2-4K that has an option to open up as a webcam when hooked to a computer.
I just recently installed a new green screen cloth - the old one was too narrow for the 150-degree wide angle lense used in the ROVE DashCam... so perhaps it will work satifactorily now... hmmm...
I have used it as a webcam with great success... easy to install as well.
Plugged into the USB through the computer, it inquires on start-up which function you want to use...
As an external storage device; as a webcam device; or to simply download files from the ROVE to the computer..
When I select webcam, it shows up in Zoom as one of the video devices from which to choose when setting it up...
as well a beiing recognized by Camtasia and Vegas Pro 17 without any other installation of files or drivers...
it simply works.
IF I get it to work on my bigger green screen, I'll post a video to share it.

Until that time. . .  Earl J

Aloha all y'all...

Yes, the ROVE R2-4K dashcam does work ... but the wide 150-degree viewing angle works great as a dashcam... as a webcam, not so much...  (sigh)
Not to mention it being a mounting conundrum... hmmm...

designed with a special slide-mounting method not common in the regular photographic/videographic realms...

Until that time. . .

Gnasher
Apprentice
Hi all, did anyone eventually come up with a suitable working answer to this HV30 issue?

Cheers

Aloha all y'all... and Gnasher in particular...

I just yesterday ordered a connector...

NEW Firewire IEEE 1394 6 Pin Female F to USB M male Adaptor Converter

( $7 solution OR not... I guess I'll see... )

It is scheduled to arrive on TUE... I'll have a response to the question on WED.
My solution to a webcam (so far) has been my old, old, "olde" standby ... a Logitech from years ago... I don't think they sell this model anymore... (wink)
but it still works, so here we are ... (grin)

Until that time. . .

Gnasher
Apprentice
Cheers...hope it works.

Aloha Gnasher...
We'll have a definite answer in a few days... (grin)
Thanks... I hope it works, too...

Util that time. . .

Announcements