cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HFG30 cannot connect via Android app

robbif
Apprentice

Nexus 7 , HFG30 - All online and printed documentation confusing. Doesn't clearly  distinguish between apps and web browser use. Nowhere is the name of this app mentioned. Had to go back and forth with support to find the name.

The app name is Camera Access plus by, unfortunately, Pixels.

HFG30 not in supported list here. Support says it's supported. After all that, no connection. Can connect via browser however. Anybody else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi robbif!

Thanks for posting.

The CameraAccess and CameraAccess Plus app is not for all of our camcorders.  Some newer models, like the HF G30, are controled using a web browser based remote connection rather than using the app.  For more information about this, visit our Wireless Help page or view the Remote Browse instruction booklet HERE.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi robbif!

Thanks for posting.

The CameraAccess and CameraAccess Plus app is not for all of our camcorders.  Some newer models, like the HF G30, are controled using a web browser based remote connection rather than using the app.  For more information about this, visit our Wireless Help page or view the Remote Browse instruction booklet HERE.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike,

Thanks for confirming what I suspected, despite the "official support" I went through...

(Note: my bold emphasis in the most recent response just below)

Subject:Date:From:Reply-To:

Re: Response from Canon - High Definition Camcorders > VIXIA HF G30 
Sun, 14 Sep 2014 22:53:23 +0000 (GMT)
HD Video <hdvideo@cits.canon.com>
hdvideo@cits.canon.com

Dear robbif:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support with your VIXIA HF G30.

The Movie Uploader is for iOS devices. The CameraAccess Plus works with Android 4.4 and should be able to interface with the VIXIA HF G30.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your VIXIA HF G30.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Nathan
Technical Support Representative

Special Note: Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via email.  If you would prefer to speak to a technician for additional assistance, you may call our special toll-free number for email customers with unresolved issues by dialing 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

If you prefer to continue to communicate via email, reply to this message and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Email is not a secure form of communication. Please do not send us your credit card number or other personal or account information via email.

--Original Message--
Date: 9/14/2014 6:05:15 PM
To: hdvideo@cits.canon.com
Subject: Re: Response from Canon - High Definition Camcorders > VIXIA HF G30 

Thank you.
I see the app, version 1.5.0
However it does not list the HFG30 in the list of supported camcorders. Is the HFG30 supported?

Remember, as I noted in my initial email, my HFG30, or order from Amazon, has not been delivered yet.

Note that nowhere in the latest downloadable PDF documentation from the Canon website
does it mention the name CameraAccessPlus. Please have this corrected and clarified.

On 9/14/2014 3:54 PM HD Video wrote:

Dear robbif:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support about the Android app for your VIXIA HF G30.

Look for CameraAccess Plus, this will work with Android 4.4.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your VIXIA HF G30.

Sincerely,

Nathan

Special Note: Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via email.  If you would prefer to speak to a technician for additional assistance, you may call our special toll-free number for email customers with unresolved issues by dialing 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

If you prefer to continue to communicate via email, reply to this message and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Email is not a secure form of communication. Please do not send us your credit card number or other personal or account information via email.

--Original Message--
Date: 9/14/2014 1:08:15 PM

Questions:

1. I have the most recent Android version: 4.4.4
Is there an app for that Android version?

2. If there is an app for that Android version, is it on the Google Play Store?

3. What is the name of the app? I cannot find "Movie Uploader " in the Google Play Store.

4. Is "Movie Uploader" the one that also does remote control?
    If so, the app name is very confusing.

5. Is Movie Uploader only for playing back videos?

Thank you.

On 9/14/2014 12:24 PM HD Video wrote:

Dear robbif:

We appreciate your continued correspondence regarding your VIXIA HF G30.

No, there is an app the Movie Uploader app, if this is not appearing then the Android OS version you are running is not supported.

Sincerely,

Nathan

--Original Message--
Date: 9/14/2014 12:02:54 PM

Bernabe,

Thanks for your quick response.

As I said in my initial email, I have a Nexus 7 running Android.

From the link you gave me, it appears that there is only a dedicated app for Apple devices and Android devices must use a web browser because there is no app for Android.

Is that correct? Please let me know.

If so, the manuals are very confusing. They mention an app and a web browser, and do not make it clear that there is no Android app.

Thanks

On 9/14/2014 11:35 AM HD Video wrote:

Dear robbif:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support.  I can certainly assist you with locating information regarding your VIXIA HF 30 and the Pixela App.

What operating system is installed on your tablet?  Depending on the operating system, you may not be able to install this application.  You can locate compatibility information for this app by clicking HERE.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your VIXIA HF G30.

Sincerely,

Bernabe

Announcements