cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does resetting Vixia HF G30 to Auto reset all settings

RosieZak
Contributor
Let's say I shoot some scenes using Manual mode and have changed some settings. If I then decide to shoot some scenes in Auto mode, does Auto reset all of the settings I used when shooting in Manual mode? I am using Vixia HF G30.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VideoGeek
Mentor

If I understand the question correctly I don't think you lose the settings you used in manual mode when you revert back to manual mode from auto mode.  In other words I don't believe the auto mode resets the manual mode to the default settings after using auto mode and then switching back. I have the Vixia HF G20 and will test it to make sure I am right about that. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

RosieZak,

If you are shooting in Manual mode on the VIXIA HF G30, record some scenes and then switch to Auto- Yes, the camera takes control and sets the appropriate settings.  The Manual mode allows you to set all the settings yourself while the Auto mode sets them for you. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

VideoGeek
Mentor

If I understand the question correctly I don't think you lose the settings you used in manual mode when you revert back to manual mode from auto mode.  In other words I don't believe the auto mode resets the manual mode to the default settings after using auto mode and then switching back. I have the Vixia HF G20 and will test it to make sure I am right about that. 

Announcements