cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA11 help

lukutu
Apprentice

We have a Canon XA11 where I work that we use for recording videos, and all of the sudden then external mic that we have been using now just has a lot of static, it doesn’t seem to pick up sound like it used to, and the sound bars on the view finder have gone strange. Sorry for my lack of better terminology, I am pretty armature when it comes to this stuff. We have tried a lot of things to fix this problem. We have changed mic’s, changed cables, completed a hard reset on the camera and nothing works. When recording we can record videos and it is alright, but when we try to live stream with it all the other people hears is static… any help or advice would be appreciated, we have no idea what happened and where we go from here.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

To see what might be causing this, can you let us know what microphone you are using, where it connects on the camcorder (XLR port on the handle or MIC port) and if it is connected to the XLR port on the handle, what the settings on the handle's audio control panel are set to? For the last part it may be easiest just to include a picture of the switched and dials labeled [INPUT 1] and [INPUT 2].

Announcements