cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't export video in Canon XF405

extravogon
Apprentice

I am trying to record the output of my XF405 camcorder to an external monitor Blackmagic 12G in ProRes 3840x2160 50p via an HDMI lead. In the camera I select External Rec Only HDMI and in Recording Setup I select 3840x2160 50p, but when I go to Display Setup, the Output Terminal setting is grayed out. What is wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

Inapickle
Rising Star

I haven't used the camcorder but consulting the on-line user manual - presumably it is grayed out because there is nothing to set i.e. you have chosen the video configuration for external recording (3840 x 2160, 50p) which is only output as 8bit 4:2:0 from the HDMI OUT terminal?

XF405 Video Output Config.PNG

Thanks for the reply. I am using the HDMI OUT terminal. I set everything exactly as it says in the manual. The only difference is the manual specifies (for External Rec Only) 3840x2160 YCC 4:2:0 8-bit but my camera shows it as 3840x2160 YCbCr 4:2:0 8-bit

YCC is just an abbreviation for YCbCr

I've solved it. The monitor wasn't set to HDMI. Now it works great. Strangely though the Output Terminal setting in the camera is still grayed out.

@extravogon wrote:

I've solved it. The monitor wasn't set to HDMI. Now it works great.

There you go.

@extravogon wrote:

Strangely though the Output Terminal setting in the camera is still grayed out.

Why strangely ? I explained that above. The only reason a menu item would NOT be grayed out is if there are setting options and there are none in this case because you have already selected 3840 x 2160, 50p as the video configuration for external recording and there is only one output option for that - 3840 x 2160, YCbCr/YCC, 4:2:0, 8 bit on the HDMI OUT terminal.

The [Display Setup] > [Output Status] menu option will confirm the video and audio configuration of the output signal. Page 153.

XF405 Display Setup.PNG

OK, and thanks for your help.

Announcements