cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Window Cannot Detect Camera

billrossimusic
Apprentice

Hi everyone, I am new with Vixia HF R80 - and camcorders in general. I am trying to download my movies from my Vixia. I am connected to my laptop with usb cable supplied by canon. I do not use a hub port, i am connected to the main power. When I turn on camera my Windows 7 laptop tells me it is downloading device driver ... then says it can not. Then I see a window that asks me how I want to download my files - by Windows or by Camera Window? When I choose Windows it tells me there's an error on each file and they didn't download. So I try Camera Window and receive an error that says "Camera Window Cannot Detect Camera". Please help! I have slogged my way through with this camera for days and am so excited to see my first take!

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Billrossimusic,

Thanks for posting.  I regret the delary in responding to your inquiry.

If you're still encountering this issue, when connecting your camcorder to your computer, we recommend the following:

• Power is critical when transferring movies. Please ensure that your camcorder is powered by its compact power adapter.
  • If your computer is a desktop unit, we recommend selecting a USB terminal on the back of your computer. These terminals normally have a better signal and more power than USB terminals on the front of your computer.
  • If your computer is a laptop, please ensure that it's running on A.C. power.
  • When connecting your computer, we recommend against the use of a USB hub. We recommend connecting your camcorder's USB cable directly to your computer.

When your camcorder is connected, as described above, please turn it on, using the Playback button, which is under the On/ Off Button.

With your camcorder connected, as described above:

1. Does your computer respond when you switch your camcorder over to the playback mode?
  2. What do you see on your camcorder's display?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements