cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning .m2ts to DVD, blurry image

mfeele01
Apprentice
Hi,

I have a Canon Vixia HF21 and I'm having 2 unrelated issues I figured I'd address in one post. As I'm looking through recordings I've made I notice that when I move the camera quickly while recording the picture does not pan smoothly. Consequently the picture looks a little jagged and jumpy. While my camera skills are definitely lacking and I probably should move the camera slower...do you think this has something to do with the image stabilizer?

Also, I used the Pixela program that came with the Canon to splice together some clips and add music to them. The recording format was set to ACVHD. I'm having a really hard time trying to burn my finished video to DVD. I tried converting the .m2ts file to .mpeg and to .wmv and the picture gets laggy and the audio timing is off. Any suggestions other than staying away from ACVHD format?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi mfeele01!

Thanks for posting!

What you are experiencing while panning so quickly is a normal side effect of panning that fast because of the nature of how image sensors capture video.  This likely has nothing to do with the Image Stabilizer, so that is probably working fine.  To smooth the video out, I recommend slowing down the panning speed.

As for burning the video to a DVD, I would like to ask a couple questions.

1. What type of DVD are you burning?
  2. Are you playing the DVD back on your computer to test it or are you playing it back in a separate DVD player?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

paydaymom
Apprentice
If you're using windows 7/Vista/Xp, Windows Movie Maker is included with the OS  and is pretty decent for easy jobs like that, with k-lite installed it should find the codecs for dealing with .mts files. That, if nothing else, should give you some options on compression before a burn.

Another one which I use extensively is DVD Creator, I've gotten much better picture quality from what I've used previously.

It might do the trick for you.

[Removed link per FORUM GUIDELINESto rerap the original mts format video to mov format, you can have a try of mts converter, it converts camcorder 4k/hd videos to mov m4v and more formats Mac support. dvd creator here you can download for mts m2ts buring to dvd mode.

Announcements